Release notes, Wingframe 1.5.1 – 1.5.6
July 13, 2021 – December 03, 2021
- Fixed a bug that prevented undo-actions on Windows.
- Fixed missing measurements between characters in the grid.
- Removed some “invalid props passed to element” warnings.
- Removed access to full compliance reports available at public “Draw”.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.5.0
July 07, 2021
This release was mostly optimizations and code refactoring — needed to
remove some unnecessary complexity and speed up rendering and development.
New features & improvements
So it turns out that – on some rare occasions – software developers can overengineer
their solutions. This was the case with our implementation for rendering our sign
models. The process had four stages: 1. The base configuration model 2. The secondary
“graphic element” model 3. Post-processed element model 4. Rendered React component.
There were ideas initially that justified this intermediary “element” model, but now
a couple of years later we re-evaluated and concluded it's not necessary. We also found
a way to eliminate the need for post-processing the model all together. So after the
fixes in this release our rendering is much improved and only has two stages: the base
model and the rendered React component. Simpler, faster and easier to develop.
While bench-testing the rendering we also discovered some unnecessary cloneDeep calls
which have now been removed.
Minor pole fixes
- Added the ability to adjust pole/leg height in the editor.
- Added measurements between poles for some custom hardware sets.
- Fixed an editor bug that caused the config to lose focus after
- Fixed reordering of configs with
ALT, which didn't work for extracted panels.
- Fixed incorrect ordering of panels when doing “Extract panels” on the back side of a box.
- Normalized the size of some grid elements.
- Fixed a bug resulting from getConfigContext not being properly recursive.
- Fixed the label of copied signs being “001 copy copy copy” instead of “001 (3)”.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.4.8
June 2, 2021
- Added a test for destination/direction messages checking for accurate content.
- Added a test for location messages checking for accurate content.
- Removed a test that restricted sibling information messages for double arrow taxiway direction messages (TDM).
- Added a test that prohibits double arrow TDMs to be combined with other TDMs, but does allow destination messages.
- Fixed a bug that caused PDF generation (and package) to fail if panel margin was set to zero.
- Fixed and arrow rotation test that passed incorrectly.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.4.7
March 17, 2021
- Added Runway Vacated tests missing for new configs (using SymbolConfig).
- Fixed ICAO Amendment 15 padding which was not implemented for Runway Vacated tests.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.4.2 – 1.4.6
March 12, 2021
- Implemented ICAO Amendment 15 of Annex 14.
- Implemented a “stretched” version of the Runway Vacated symbol.
- Fixed an editor keyboard bug.
- Removed an irrelevant grid measurements on back of panel.
- Fixed a grid rounding issue.
- Fixed and invitation form state bug.
- Fixed a “Components” tab error if unitless size set on box.
- Approval doc: make grids for large configurations fit.
- Fixed a dynamic symbol variant bug.
- Fixed an issue with the “Reset password” form.
- Fixed an FAA compliance test for spacing between elements in messages.
- Added some missing details in the Excel export.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.4.1
December 17, 2020
- Fixed the cookie message rendering when signed in.
- Fixed a dropdown preventing selection of different template lists.
- Fixed missing component details in public sign list.
- Fixed sticky header in public sign list.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.4.0
December 15, 2020
The focus of this release was the project view “Components” tab, as well as
improvements in CI/CD workflows.
In the project view there is now a new tab named “Components”, which includes
tables of data compiled from the configurations in the project. With this new
feature Wingframe provides additional data that is needed for quotations and
production specifications. It answers questions like:
- How many boxes of size x are there?
- How many poles for size 800 are there?
- How many meters of bird protection is required?
- etc ...
An example table from a project can look something like this:
|Product / ordering code||Name / Description||Dimensions||# Units|
|509063100||FLAT-Light 968×668mm||968 × 668 × 100 mm||32|
|512063100||FLAT-Light 1268×668mm||1268 × 668 × 100 mm||13|
|515063100||FLAT-Light 1568×668mm||1568 × 668 × 100 mm||9|
|512083100||FLAT-Light 1268×868mm||1268 × 868 × 100 mm||1|
|521083100||FLAT-Light 2168×868mm||2168 × 868 × 100 mm||3|
|524083100||FLAT-Light 2468×868mm||2468 × 868 × 100 mm||4|
|527083100||FLAT-Light 2768×868mm||2768 × 868 × 100 mm||5|
|530083100||FLAT-Light 3000×868mm||3000 × 868 × 100 mm||14|
Data relevant for you
As with many other things in Wingframe – which components are included and what data is
compiled and/or calculated is completely customizable.
Of course, export of this data in Excel format is available in both our Sales and
Production package for further processing and calculations.
More to come
We hope this new feature will further simplify your work with quoting or managing AGS.
- Fixed a rounding issue resulting in non-errors in ILS / Runway vacated signs.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.3.1
November 25, 2020
- Fixed panel settings not being disabled on the landing pages.
- Fixed failing undo if first action/click in editor is “Extract”.
- Fixed a PDF header layout issue when project titles are too long.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.3.0
November 20, 2020
The focus of this release was the “panels only” feature.
New features & improvements
It is now possible to quote panels only, with correct properties and appearance of the configuration. In the editor, pull out the settings panel and you'll find an action-button labelled “Extract panels”. Once the panels are free you can set custom sizes (incl. depth) of the panels, but they also keep their relationship to the box hardware set so the design of messages works as expected (selecting appropriate variants).
The above feature introduced a new major way to make breaking changes in the editor, i.e. changes that you cannot revert by adding new elements. Once you had extracted the panels from the boxes there was no way to wrap the panels in boxes again. To solve this problem we decided to implement “undo”, as this also solves the issue for all other breaking changes – current and future. So now you can simply press
z to step back in your editing history.
- Fixed some DXF rendering issues for “Taxiway ending” and “No entry” messages.
- The editor now always opens with the front view selected.
- Fixed an issue with the Dashboard “Latest projects” list showing no projects.
- Fixed a scrolling issue for configurations that were too wide for the screen.
- Disabled selection of files for trial packages.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.2.2
October 23, 2020
- Changed the default message type from Location to Information if message contains arrow.
- Fixed Gate sign issue: Can't find default message types if set to auto.
- Fixed missing fallback unit for Gate signs.
- Fix in editor option settings: If no title use value instead.
- Landing page fix: Control bar in EditableSignList not sticky under header.
- Website section “Standards compliant” fix: Incorrect button links in section. Text outdated.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.2.1
October 15, 2020
- Fixed an incorrect dashboard message shown when paid subscriptions ended.
- Removed unnecessary “you created a signlist” events when creating a project.
- Fixed double cookie messages.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when clicking the backspace button in the editor's virtual keyboard.
- Fixed irrelevant grid measurements shown for "NO ENTRY" symbols.
- Fixed an issue that caused a 404 message on the “Sign in” page when already signed in.
- Fixed missing cross-over (CAP 168) paths in grids.
- Fixed missing cache of thumbnails that caused some blinking in sign lists.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.2.0
October 11, 2020
The focus of this release was performance and scalability. Most of the work was put into our development environment and services infrastructure.
New features & improvements
- A new iteration of our public website, more mobile friendly and with Bootstrap 4 and Fontawesome 5.
- It's now possible to custom draw the vector representation of the hardware, presenting our clients' specific boxes/cabinets in a more accurate and appealing way.
- More options in the editor "config adder", making it easier to configure messages.
- Added some additional editor settings which were hidden before.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.1.0
March 26, 2020
New features & improvements
- Added export of Approval / Sign-off PDF documents for each sign configuration.
- Export of DXF file containing blocks with rasterized versions of signs.
- Auto set default number of poles in templates.
- Generation of packages were limited in trails due to abuse.
- Added Character height to the editor component details.
- General component set settings were not visible in the editor settings panel.
- A sign containing incorrect FAA borders caused the compliance report to fail.
- Editor "config adder" options rendered backwards in some cases.
- Message type switched the message on the opposite side af a bilateral sign.
Release notes, Wingframe 1.0.0
March 9, 2020
Today we are proud to announce the release of Wingframe 1.0.0. A version that has been in the works for more than a year, which contains all the pieces we originally envisioned three years ago. We are excited to provide our customers – as well as their customers – with a market leading experience and quality focused software for drawing and ordering airfield guidance signs.
We also want to thank our customers for the incredible feedback we have received. We appreciate it greatly, and we hope you enjoy the result.
The main new features available in 1.0 are:
- Hardware configurations – Configurations now include the entire fixture with boxes, panels, bird protection, poles, etc. Support for bilateral / double-sided boxes included.
- Client specific configurations – Our clients with organization accounts now have their specific components/products implemented with options, ordering codes, look and feel, and custom auto-sizing (selection of box size for message).
- AutoCAD/CNC files – Production packages now include DXF files which can be tailored to your production requirements.
- Multi-box messages – Grouping in lists have been removed and multiple boxes are in the same configuration so they can better adapt to each other.
- Improved compliance – Multi-box messages are now tested as a complete message, removing any errors due to the fact that grouped boxes were tested seperately (e.g. missing location border).
- Improved editor – The editor now includes zoom-control, view selection (front, right, back), hardware settings & details, and more.
- Improved lists – Lists are now in blocks and contain more info about the configuration.
- Custom templates – Template lists are now organization specific, so you may have any categories/subsections you like, as well as templates that best suit your product.
- New grid view – The Grid view has been completely rebuilt and is now an edit mode you toggle instead of a static image you load.
For more information on updates in Wingframe see our Medium blog.